The majority of Modern WorkTruck Solutions’ readers work in construction. The construction industry is no stranger to hauling equipment, tools, construction supplies, and more. For those in the market for a new equipment trailer—whether you’re hauling with a pickup truck or a Class 8 tractor—read on for more insight on three different brands that are themselves no strangers to hauling.
If you’re looking for versatility and durability when hauling equipment and cargo, check out Big Tex. Big Tex’s lineup of equipment haulers features a variety of products that can help you get the job done. From light-duty, yet versatile deck-over equipment trailers like the 14OA to super-duty pintle hitch haulers like the 5XPH, equipped with air-brakes and a super-sized 58,000-lb GVWR, Big Tex has a full lineup of heavy haulers for you to choose from.
Pictured is the 22PH Tandem Dual Wheel Pintle Trailer. It features:
- 23,900-lb GVWR
- Dual 10,000-lb axles
- Integrated tongue and frame design
- Low profile, pierced beam frame
- Heavy-duty adjustable suspension
- Rubrail and stakepockets along sides
- Spare tire and wheel included
- Available with flip-over or mega ramps
Need a trailer from a brand that knows their stuff? Talbert Manufacturing, a North American leader in specialized heavy-haul solutions, has been building world-class heavy-haul and specialized trailers to rigorous customer specifications since 1938. The company offers complete lines of heavy-haul trailers and specialized transportation equipment for the commercial, industrial, military, and government sectors. Its trailers and equipment are used in applications as diverse as renewable energy, aerospace, heavy construction, in-plant material handling, manufacturing and processing systems, and much more.
Those in need of equipment hauling can consider Talbert Manufacturing’s 35FG-BVTL. The 35FG-BVTL is a fixed-neck, drop deck trailer for small- to mid-size equipment machinery. The 35-ton trailer is rated at 70,000 lbs concentrated in 20 ft and features hydraulic ramps for safe, efficient loading and unloading in confined spaces. The 35FG-BVTL is part of Talbert’s Double Drop Series. Its fixed neck provides an economic alternative compared to removable gooseneck designs for operators that do not require a front unload option. Contractors can use the 35FG-BVTL to haul a variety of small- to mid-size construction equipment, making it an economic and versatile choice for millwrights, riggers, and general freight contractors.
For heavy-duty, Class 8-sized loads, perhaps a Load King trailer fits the bill. Load King, a Custom Truck One Source brand, has a Hydraulic Detachable Gooseneck Signature Series of trailers, engineered and built to be durable and user friendly. Life expectancy exceeds competitor trailers due to engineered safety factors and innovative design features. Load King truly cares about customer satisfaction, and that shows with loyal customers coming back year after year. Load King takes pride in extensive, innovative features developed for hauling the most weight safely and efficiently.
Load King’s Hydraulic Detachable Gooseneck Signature Series Trailer features include:
- 503/554 SSSF 18-inch LDH – 55T rated at 110,000 lbs in 12 ft
- 12 ft 9-inch high relief scraper neck with connections for future Flip box
- First 96-inch pierced plate steel with toolbox lids over bay 1 and 2
- Protected air and electric with color-coded air lines
- Upper flange reinforcement, full depth outriggers with wide load package
- 14 pairs of D-rings, 13 pairs of chain slots, 2-inch Apitong Nominal Decking
- Crossmembers on 12-inch centers in outer bays and recessed crossmembers in bucket well (lowest in the industry)
- Load bearing wheel covers, all aluminum wheels, excavator notch plate, backhoe tray, four-way plug and battery backup
- 27,500 axles with 3/4-inch walls and third axle lift