With its online configuration tool and plethora of options, Ford helps you get the right truck for your job. You can select from a list of 13 vocations, two vehicle types, three cab styles, and two engines, ensuring you get the perfect match.
The Ford 6.7-liter Power Stroke® V8 Turbo Diesel delivers a best-in-class standard 270 hp with 675 lb-ft of torque with available engine outputs of 300 hp with 700 lb-ft of torque or 330 hp with 725 lb-ft of torque. Ford’s class-exclusive 6.8-liter V10 Gas Engine provides 320 hp with 460 lb-ft of torque.
“We are the only Class 6-7 truck manufacturer that offers the choice of either diesel or gasoline power to give you the best combination of cost-effective performance to suit your particular vocation,” according to Ford. “Both are designed by Ford and teamed up with the TorqShift® HD 6-speed automatic transmission—also Ford-built—for seamless performance with all chassis components and vehicle calibrations.”
The Power Stroke underwent the equivalent of over a half-million miles of dynamometer testing. The Power Stroke features:
- A turbocharger located between the cylinder heads and the top of the block
- An exhaust manifold positioned inboard and close to the turbocharger
- A CGI engine block
- A high-pressure common-rail fuel-injection system
- B20 biodiesel capability
- B10 design life of more than 500,000 miles
The 6.8-liter gas V10 is available for 2017 in F-750, as well as F-650 models. Its features include:
- Lower purchase price vs diesel
- Available stationary and mobile PTO provision with the Ford TorqShift HD 6-speed automatic transmission
- Available CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package for conversion to CNG or propane autogas
These engines are paired with the Ford TorqShift HD 6-speed automatic. Some of the TorqShift’s features include:
- Available live-drive PTO provision with PTO output gear linked directly to the engine crankshaft for 300 lb-ft of stationary torque (diesel) and 200 lb-ft mobile torque (diesel); 250 lb-ft of stationary torque (gas) and 125 lb-ft mobile torque (gas)
- Three-plate, two-stage torque converter locks up at lower speeds to handle the heavy power loads of medium-duty applications
- SelectShift® feature with two driver-initiated modes: Progressive Range Select for consistent speed over hills and Full Manual Mode for control up and down the gearbox
- Selectable tow/haul mode compensates for grade and load to improve power delivery
- Engine braking and selective gearing improve control on downhill grades to help minimize brake wear
Featured Image: Ford’s online configuration tool lets you select from a list of 13 vocations, two vehicle types, three cab styles, and two engines.
Above: The 6.7L Power Stroke® diesel V8 engine is 45 percent quieter inside the cabin at idle than the previous generation and 35 percent quieter at idle than the previous generation when outside the truck in front of the grille.
Ford designs its trucks for comfort and convenience. “The 17.5-inch-diameter steering wheel with multifunction switches is easy to grip and operate,” according to Ford. “An available 110V AC outlet powers a variety of useful accessories and the quiet cab will offer you a sanctuary during even the longest working days and nights.”
Four available upfitter switches with fuses and relays provide a convenient way to connect a variety of aftermarket accessories to your vehicle’s electrical system. Factory-installed and integrated into the instrument panel means there’s no need to cut into the truck’s electrical system when installing accessories, such as a winch, lights, strobes, or a two-way radio.
“Ford Telematics powered by Telogis® is designed specifically for Ford commercial vehicles, providing complete visibility of vehicle operations while promoting confident driving and helping to improve productivity and operational savings,” according to Ford.
“Ford Telematics collects real-time vehicle data and uses a secure web-based application to present your fleet data visually. Easy dashboards, reports, and real-time alerts promote smarter fleet management. Ford Telematics provides maintenance reminders based on the actual condition of the vehicle to lower maintenance costs, reduce downtime, and assist in keeping vehicles within their recommended service intervals.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Find out more about Ford’s F-650/750 and other Ford products and services, visit www.ford.com.
MODERN WORKTRUCK SOLUTIONS: NOVEMBER 2016 ISSUE
Did you enjoy this article?
Subscribe to the FREE Digital Edition of Modern WorkTruck Solutions magazine.