Stellantis Ventures, the corporate venture fund of Stellantis N.V., was formed to support and amplify the execution of Dare Forward 2030 strategic plan.
Ten startup companies and one mobility venture fund have been considered so far as its first key investments. Three of the projects backed by Stellantis Ventures will launch this year. These launches will validate the fund’s mission to accelerate deployment of innovative, customer-centric mobility technologies. They will also support Stellantis’ Dare Forward 2030 efforts for a more sustainable mobility and better in-vehicle experience.
“Transforming Stellantis into a mobility tech company means we need to have the mindset of a startup, focused on our customers and working with a dash of impatience,” says Ned Curic, Stellantis chief technology officer. “We are using the strength of Stellantis Ventures to connect with companies that are developing cutting-edge technology that we believe can transform the in-cabin experience and improve the mobility sector, for our customers and for society as a whole.”
Investments support the Dare Forward 2030 strategy and align to the three core pillars: Care, Tech, and Value.
- 6K enables advanced sustainable manufacturing to ensure clean, low-carbon emission material production. 6K’s UniMelt plasma process produces domestic sustainable critical materials for EV batteries, 3D printing, and endless other applications. Further, 6K delivers true sustainable manufacturing—faster, cleaner, and at a lower cost.
- Beweelsociety, a startup with roots inside Stellantis, beweelsociety develops connected e-bikes and provides a range of services from purchasing to cycling through one digital app, including financing, insurance, facilitation, and care services (maintenance, anti-theft). Expanding the vision beyond traditional auto, beweelsociety helps Stellantis accelerate the growth of sustainable and soft mobility. The first e-bikes will be available to purchase from specialized cycling networks and technology-focused retailers in Europe, starting late 2023.
- NetZero, a climate venture specializing in long-term carbon removal from the atmosphere by turning agriculture residues into biochar, a very stable form of carbon. Additionally, mixing Biochar with agricultural soils improves yields and reduces the need for fertilizers. NetZero’s mission is to bring biochar at scale in the tropics—for climate and people.
- Nauto, artificial intelligence and computer vision technology combined with advanced risk data science to over 800 fleets helps save money and lives through safer driving. Nauto’s system assesses both driver behavior risk and external road risk. It warns and coaches drivers to reduce distracted driving and prevent collisions in real time while respecting driver privacy. Nauto Cloud and mobile applications help fleets operate more efficiently, identify and coach at-risk drivers, and accelerate claims processing. Nauto will be available this summer in the US on Stellantis commercial fleet vehicles.
- Trails Offroad, staffed by off-road experts and enthusiasts, Trails Offroad offers more than 3,000 detailed off-road trail guides throughout the United States and Canada that users can load in the Jeep® Uconnect system. Each trail guide provides detailed information including route description, key waypoints, difficulty ratings, points of interest, videos, and reviews. This summer, select new Jeep® vehicles will have access to over 200 trail guides. Additionally, Stellantis will offer the full catalog as a subscription service.
- Viaduct, an artificial intelligence platform designed to improve vehicle analytics for quality and maintenance. The platform deploys its machine learning algorithms to identify anomalies in fault and sensor data and predict vehicle health. It also enhances preventive maintenance routines, making vehicles safer, more reliable, and personalized.
- Geoflex, a worldwide operator of satellite positioning augmentation technology designed to augment accuracy, integrity, and continuity of operation of all global navigation satellite systems receivers, whatever the brand. Its hypergeolocation services provide accurate and safe positioning down to 4 centimeters accuracy on land, sea, and in the air.
- Envisics, a globally renowned pioneer of dynamic holographic technologies and its application for augmented reality head-up displays (AR-HUDs) and automotive sensor systems. The advancement of Envisics technology has the opportunity to transform automotive displays as well as revolutionize the in-car experience.
- Electra Vehicles, a leading provider of battery software solutions for electric mobility. Electra provides active and adaptive controls for battery management systems, predictive battery analytics, and battery pack design software. It aims to maximize the full potential of battery power to enable electric mobility to take us further.
- Lyten created Lyten 3D Graphene™, a decarbonization materials platform tunable for a wide range of advanced applications: lightweight composites for reduced vehicle weight, advanced sensors to improve driver experience, as well as a breakthrough sustainable lithium-sulfur battery that uses zero nickel, cobalt, or manganese, has higher energy density, lower carbon footprint, and enables supply chain independence.
DARE FORWARD 2030
Stellantis Ventures was announced in March 2022 as a key component of the Stellantis Dare Forward 2030 strategic plan. Dare Forward 2030 sets targets led by emission cuts to slash CO2 in half by 2030, benchmarking the 2021 metrics. Another target is to achieve carbon net zero by 2038 with single digit percentage compensation of the remaining emissions. Targets also include 100% of car sales in Europe and 50% of car and pickup sales in the United States to be BEVs by 2030; the ambition of doubling Net Revenues by 2030 (versus 2021) and sustaining double-digit Adjusted Operating Income margins throughout the decade; and the aim to become number one in customer satisfaction for its products and services in every market by 2030.
Find out more, visit www.stellantis.com.
News courtesy of GlobeNewswire