In its mission to bring you the best possible truck, Freightliner uses cutting-edge technology, including advanced robotics and automated systems. Freightliner’s 114SD has a lot to offer to heavy-duty applications. Its corrosion-resistant, steel-reinforced aluminum cab ensures durability, while its single-channel rail provides 120,000 tensile strength. The 114SD also offers optional inner and outer frame rail liners for more demanding jobs.
SOPHISTICATION AT WORK
The 114SD is available in day cab, extended cab, and four-door crew cab configurations. The cab offers durability in severe environments and meets Swedish A-pillar test standards and SAE J2422 roof strength requirements. It also meets—or exceeds—rollover and back-wall impact requirements and includes a complete offering of single- and double-channel frame rails. Its corrugated floor, roof, and back-of-cab panels add yet another layer of strength to its construction and the steel firewall allows for solid mounting of dash panel and driver controls. The 114SD provides wide door openings with low step-in height, an ergonomically designed driver’s area with easy-to-read LED-backlit gauges, and easy-to-reach controls. Plus, its 2,500-sq-inch windshield and contoured hood slope offer unmatched visibility.
“We’ve applied sophisticated engineering to the structural elements of our work trucks,” according to Freightliner. “First, our cabs are lightweight yet extremely tough. Corrosion resistant aluminum is reinforced with e-coated steel and assembled to precise manufacturing tolerances with Henrob rivets and welded construction.” In fact, the 114SD goes through rigorous testing to ensure that it delivers performance and reliability in the most demanding situations.
The 114SD’s chassis layout was designed to simplify upfitting for equipment manufacturers. “Freightliner’s proprietary SmartPlex™ Electrical System provides unmatched flexibility when configuring a truck to suit specific body installations,” according to the company. “The SmartPlex® Multiplex electrical system simplifies chassis to body electrical integration and significantly reduces the number of wires. SmartPlex adds expansion capabilities and allows custom programming.”
But, increased toughness doesn’t mean sacrificed comfort. The 114SD’s automotive-style interior is designed to keep operators safe and productive.
Freightliner wants to make sure you have the proper amount of horses under the hood, so the 114SD comes with several engine options. The Detroit DD13® engine with BlueTec® emissions technology comes standard and offers 350 hp and 1,350 lb-ft of torque. This engine is designed for fuel-efficiency and low-maintenance performance.
Optional power choices include the Cummins ISL with up to 380 hp and 1,350 lb-ft of torque, the Cummins® ISC engine with up to 350 hp and 1,000 lb-ft torque, and the Cummins Westport ISL-G and ISX-12G natural gas engines. The 114SD has optimized mid-chassis packaging and a strategically mounted aftertreatment system. The 114SD also comes standard with an Eaton® Fuller® 10-speed manual transmission and 60-gallon cylindrical fuel tank.
ADD MORE TO THE MIX
The 114SD comes with several optional features, including:
- Bright-accented front grille with chromed grille surround, headlight bezels, and engine air intake grille
- Engine air intake pre-cleaner
- Integral front frame extensions in 12- and 24-inch lengths for front bumper stabilizer install
- Wheelbases with frames and frame reinforcements to meet severe-duty needs
- Front engine, rear engine, and transmission PTOs
- Range of cylindrical and rectangular aluminum fuel tanks
- Steer axles from 12,000 to 22,000 lbs
- Single drive axles from 21,000 to 38,000 lbs
- Tandem drive axles from 40,000 to 58,000 lbs
- Multiple clear frame specifications for outrigger installation
- Tridem drive axle set rated at 69,000 lbs
- Pusher and tag axles rated from 8,000 to 22,000 lbs, available in single or dual configurations
- A wide range of Eaton and Allison® transmissions
- Freightliner AirLiner® and TufTrac® rear suspensions
- Hendrickson® and Chalmers® rear suspensions
- Expanded dash instrumentation, switches and controls to meet almost any vocational application
- 3.2 million RBM single frame rail
The 114SD also offers a number of specialized options. And with more than 400 dealership locations and more than 190 Elite SupportSM Certified dealers, Freightliner gives you maximum uptime.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Find out more about the Freightliner 114SD and other Freightliner products and services, visit www.freightliner.com.