Ford’s 2017 Transit CC-CA offers you an American built and assembled work truck with 12 upfitters conveniently located within 30 miles of the assembly plant. Ford incomplete vehicles are designed with a clean CA for quick and easy body installation with zero add-on parts needing to be removed and reassembled. Ford delivers your vehicle to the upfitter quickly, allowing for prompt completion of your customized work truck.
GVWRS AND PAYLOADS
The 2017 Transit Chassis Cab/Cutaway GVWR ranges from 9,000 lbs (single rear wheels) to 10,360 lbs (dual rear wheels). The Chassis Cab/Cutaway maximum payloads (less body weight) range from 5,990 lbs (Chassis Cab on 138-in wheelbase) to 6,020 lbs (Cutaway on 138-in wheelbase).
The Transit also has a maximum towing capability of 7,500 lbs and offers available features to help make towing convenient, including:
- Trailer Brake Controller (TBC): Available TBC works in conjunction with the anti-lock brakes to synchronize the vehicle and trailer brakes for seamless braking.
- Trailer Sway Control (TSC): TSC technology is included in the Trailer Wiring Provisions Package. Integrated with the standard AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™, TSC uses selective wheel braking and reduced engine power to help maintain trailer control.
3.7 Ti-VCT V6
The 2017 Transit’s standard 3.7-liter V6 delivers responsive power with 275 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. Twin independent variable cam timing (Ti-VCT) technology offers impressive performance. “Intake and exhaust valves typically have to open and close at a fixed point, compromising performance. But Ti-VCT virtually eliminates this compromise,” according to Ford.
“With its variable control of valve cam timing, Ti-VCT can optimize performance across the entire range of the power band to match the driving condition of the moment.”
Ford offers an available CNG/Propane Gaseous Engine Prep Package on its 3.7-liter engine for power conversion to compressed natural gas (CNG) or propane autogas.
Transit’s 6-speed Automatic Overdrive with SelectShift® feature offers two modes of operation:
- Progressive Range Select (PRS): PRS lets you toggle on the shift lever to reduce the range of available gears while in drive.
- Full Manual: The full manual function allows you to use the same toggle switch to select the gear desired.
The 2017 Transit was designed with the driver in mind. “You’ll find a comfortable interior with a focus on the driver. You’ll appreciate the tilt/telescoping steering wheel, car-like instrument panel, ergonomic gauges and controls, and ample space,” according to Ford.
Another driver-friendly feature is available SYNC® 3. You can enjoy all of the SYNC features, plus Ford’s next generation of voice-activated technology. SYNC features include:
- The joining of smart hardware and swmart software for an easy-to-read color touchscreen
- Quick reactions to your commands
- Capacitive touchscreen with impressive responsiveness, such as the convenient swipe feature
- Real-world voice commands
- Simple destination entry via the navigation
- The power of Siri® Eyes Free and your iPhone® into your vehicle
Providing a wide range of upfit possibilities, the 2017 Transit Chassis Cab and Cutaway models can transform into the perfect tool for various jobs. From custom cargo delivery and utility applications to first responder and landscaping, whether you’re an independent small-business owner-operator or the manager of a corporate fleet, Transit offers you increased productivity while taking care of the bottom line.
Easily integrate add-on systems with high-capacity upfitter switches. Four circuits can operate high-power relays for heavy-duty accessories, which are integrated into the instrument panel for fast power access and upfit operation.
Never again worry about upfit limitations. The Transit Cutaway and Chassis Cab models open up an entire world of flexible upfit options to match any specialized application. The Transit is available in three wheelbases—138, 156, and 178 inches—covering the range of typical body upfit lengths, from 10 to 18 ft.
Ideal for applications ranging from emergency services to pickup and delivery, the Cutaway provides convenient direct cab-to-body walk-through access. “The Chassis Cab can accommodate not only a delivery body, but also a utility box, flatbed, and more,” according to Ford.
Since every Ford must earn its Blue Oval badge, Ford conducted testing on roads and highways across America, at temperature extremes from -40 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. According to Ford, “We also used trucks driven by robots at our Michigan Proving Grounds facility, allowing us to compress years of daily abuse into a mere few months. Our objective: Enable Transit to take on the toughest challenges of strength and dependability on your everyday jobs.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Find out more about the 2017 Transit CC-CA and other Ford products and services, visit www.ford.com.