The Kenworth T470 meets the needs of the more demanding pickup and delivery, municipal, and vocational applications. According to Kenworth, “With full parent rail extensions providing maximum resistance to bending moment (RBM) from one end of the rail to the other, the T470 supplies a solid and durable mounting platform for hydraulic pumps, winches, front stabilizers, and snow plows.”
The T470’s conventional cab provides a durable, yet peaceful environment. As with all Kenworth conventional cabs, the T470’s cab is unmatched in the industry for its craftsmanship, longevity, and comfort. “A low, step-in height, fully-trimmed—doghouse-free—interior, advanced heating and cooling system, and state-of-the-art control all combine to enhance productivity and reduce fatigue,” according to the company.
The T470’s spacious interior features wide open visibility, first-class seating, and plenty of storage. “It incorporates the same highly reliable and ergonomic multiplexed dash available in Kenworth’s Class 8 product line,” the company explains. “The popular Driver Information Center, standard on the T470, enables your operator to optimize vehicle performance like never before.” Plus, you won’t want to miss the optional Nav+ HD business tool, which provides truck route navigation, vehicle monitoring, Bluetooth, diagnostics, SiriusXM Satellite Radio®, MP3 player, camera with multiple input options, virtual gauges, and more.
Under the hood of the T470, you might find a PACCAR PX-9 engine rated up to 380 hp and 1,250 lb-ft of torque. But, if you’re looking for something else, you can equip your T470 with a Cummins ISL-G providing 320 hp and 1,000 lb-ft of torque. The T470 also features:
- A grille made of stamped stainless steel mounted to the radiator allowing the hood to swing clear of front mounted equipment
- Three-piece constructed bumper for fast, economical installation of winches, PTOs, and other front-end equipment
- DEF tanks in three sizes with optional 6.9-gallon DEF tank conveniently located under the rear corner of the cab
- Fuel tanks in 22- and 24.5-inch range in size from 56 to 150 gallons
- Available polished aluminum fuel tanks and polished stainless steel DEF tank covers
- Cab corner and back windows for greater visibility in tight places
- Heavy-duty crossmembers and three-hole gussets
- Advanced forward lighting system providing up to 30 percent more down-road coverage than conventional sealed beam designs—standard halogen or optional HID
- Xenon lamp choices
When you purchase a T470, you can safely assume it’ll be everything you dreamed of and more.
Kenworth doesn’t just manufacture trucks, it custom builds your perfect tool. “As a custom truck builder, Kenworth offers many job-specific and factory-installed options. The result is an integrated, fully-engineered, job-ready solution you can depend on,” the company says.
Purchasing a Kenworth means parts and service support, 24/7, from people dedicated to helping you maximize uptime, optimize truck performance, and profit from your investment. “When your truck needs attention, PremierCare ExpressLane guarantees a professional service assessment and an estimate of the time and cost of repair within two hours.”
DON’T BREAK THE BANK
Kenworth doesn’t just give you truck customization options. With PacLease and PACCAR Financial, you don’t have to break the bank to add to your fleet. “PacLease offers a number of truck rental and leasing programs that can be tailored to fit your operating requirements precisely,” the company explains. “PACCAR Financial has served owner-operators and fleets for more than 50 years, matching individual requirements with customized financing packages at attractive and competitive rates.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Find out more about Kenworth’s products and services, visit