One of the biggest selling points of International’s® WorkStar® is the platform it shares with the battle-tested MRAP. Being built on the same line as the MRAP lends WorkStar the power, integrity, and dependability to tackle the toughest jobs. WorkStar provides a broad range of powertrain options coupled with an electrical system that offers body control functionality and more efficient diagnostics.
International has designed the WorkStar to take on multiple applications. Optional dump bed and gate open indicators can be factory-installed for a ready-to-work dump truck. Need a mixer? No problem. Programmable PTO accommodations are available for setting operating parameters and remote body switches can be custom-programmed to control concrete chutes and water valves. Audible alarms alert utility operators when equipment is not stowed while remote, plug-and-play power modules simplify body and chassis integration. For waste, a pre-trip light inspection feature is available for easier inspection and remote engine speed controls can be factory-installed to run hydraulic equipment.
Whatever your job, WorkStar has an upfit for it.
WorkStar isn’t an off-the-rack kind of truck. With options that cover all the bases when it comes to power, you can count your WorkStar as among the couture of the work truck industry. When it comes to power, the choice is yours.
- Cummins® B6.7: A best-seller, the B6.7 offers the streamlined Single Module™ aftertreatment system, 325 hp, and 750 lb-ft of torque.
- Cummins L9: The L9 with the new Single Module aftertreatment system offers the highest power-to-weight ratio of any engine in its class with 380 hp and 1,250 lb-ft of torque.
- Navistar® N9: The N9 with SCR aftertreatment system is perfect for the more demanding applications and provides 330 hp and 950 lb-ft of torque.
- Navistar N10: The N10 with SCR aftertreatment system paired with an Allison Automatic transmission can take on demanding applications while delivering 370 hp and 1,250 lb-ft of torque.
- Navistar N13: The N13 with SCR aftertreatment system delivers outstanding fuel economy and proven capability with 475 hp and 1,700 lb-ft of torque.
Don’t force your needs to meet your trucks capabilities by saddling yourself with the wrong engine. In the WorkStar, you can find a truck that meets your needs, exceeds your expectations, and compliments your fleet.
MORE TO LOVE
There’s a lot more to love about the WorkStar than just its power options—state-of-the-art multiplexing technology, for instance. “Multiplexing is the foundation for communication between functional areas of the vehicle,” according to International. This gives you constant updates on all vehicle components, reduces wiring by 40 percent for fewer electrical failures, and uses electronic circuit modules and software to safely perform interlock controls for vehicle functions.
The Diamond Logic® electrical system is another WorkStar feature to love. It allows for the automation of tasks and interlocks to protect the equipment from inadvertent damage due to operator error:
- PTO can be programmed to shut off with excessive engine RPM, road speed, park brake release, or when the transmission is placed in gear
- Differential locks are released above 25 mph
- Over crank protection prevents starter damage
- Park brake alarm alerts the driver when the door is open and the park brake is released
“Whether you’re involved in construction, waste collection, municipal applications, utilities, or countless other services, WorkStar can be optimized to do the job even in the most challenging environments or conditions,” according to International.
WorkStar doesn’t play when it comes to driver satisfaction. With a quiet, yet spacious cab, ergonomic controls, and a smooth ride, it’s hard to believe the WorkStar wasn’t designed by a driver. Since comfortable drivers are more productive, WorkStar features:
- Available tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- Wide door openings, wide cab steps, and interior grab handles
- Strong, quiet cab constructed with a one-piece roof, one-piece door frame, and double-sided galvanized steel
- Cab has rubber floor covering—making it easy to clean
- Set-forward and set-back wide-track axle configurations with up to 50-degree wheel cut
- Available heated windshield
- Available sloped hood in heavy-duty diesel models
- Ergonomic center panel with easy-to-reach switches and vehicle control
Plus, when front engine PTO isn’t required, you can opt for the available high-visibility hood. “With a broad range of engine powertrain combinations, front and rear axle configurations, and GVW ratings, the International WorkStar offers the tools and flexibility needed to spec the right truck to get the job done for a wide range of applications,” according to the company.
You can also choose from a standard/day cab, extended cab, or crew cab. WorkStar offers a full range of severe service chassis configurations, standard wide-track front axles, integral front frame extensions, a robust cooling system, and a wide range of exhaust system options.
One of WorkStar’s best features is OnCommand™, which helps you achieve more efficient repairs and maintenance, better lifecycle value, and an overall lower total cost of ownership. OnCommand provides a number of helpful tools:
- OnCommand™ Service Information offers a centralized, VIN-based, online source for parts and service information and facilitates faster, more accurate diagnosis, repair, and maintenance.
- OnCommand Parts Information is a web-based catalog providing instant access to parts lists, including illustrated parts breakdown diagrams for easier parts identification.
- OnCommand Connection uses the connection of virtually any telematics provider to allow you to access real-time vehicle health and prioritize repair and maintenance work.
- OnCommand Service Partner is a dealer-provided maintenance and repair program providing fast, accurate repair estimates and fixed labor times for specific repairs.
- OnCommand Fleet Charge is a purchasing card program giving customers guaranteed pricing, consolidated billing, customized accounts, and parts information.
- OnCommand Preventive Maintenance ensures that vehicles get the best parts, premium maintenance oil and filters, and exclusive service from factory-trained, certified technicians.
- OnCommand Maintenance and Easy-to-Use Software Package assists fleet managers in estimating inventory management needs and reducing maintenance costs.
- OnCommand Parts Return is an industry-unique program to return unused parts, regardless of make, with the potential for full reimbursement fleet cost.
- OnCommand Education offers vehicle maintenance education solutions for technicians, operators, and fleet managers, including both web-based courses and instructor-led training at local training centers.
“OnCommand Connection works with over a dozen telematics service providers to provide remote diagnostics,” according to International.
With more than 700 dealer locations, 10,500-plus technicians, 10,000-plus service bays, and more than 230 body shops throughout North America, you can work comfortably knowing WorkStar comes with continuing support.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Find out more about International Trucks products and services, visit www.internationaltrucks.com.