New telematics solution works to simplify fleet management
General Motors’ new fleet telematics solution, OnStar Vehicle Insights, provides fleet managers and drivers the tools and data to make the most of their daily operations. OnStar Vehicle Insights relays real-time vehicle data such as vehicle location, driver performance information, and more to fleet employees.
“We listened to our fleet customers’ feedback and have created a turnkey telematics solution,” Ed Peper, US vice president, General Motors Fleet, says. “OnStar Vehicle Insights helps simplify the fleet management process, allowing our fleet customers, large and small, to save time and money.”
With OnStar Vehicle Insights, business owners and fleet managers can maximize their fleet’s operational efficiency through a number of features:
- Vehicle Locator: View the location of all fleet vehicles in real time.
- Vehicle Health: View vehicle mileage, oil life, and fuel efficiency as well as receive preventive service prompts and maintenance notifications.
- Driver Performance: View driver behaviors and trips taken, and receive safety alerts around specific events, such as exceeding a speed limit.
- Business Insights: View a simplified performance dashboard that aggregates data and presents trends that are helpful for business operation.
OnStar Vehicle Insights can also help maximize fleet productivity by offering fleet drivers a range of tools to help save time and stay organized:
- Remote Commands: Lock, unlock, and remote start a vehicle from the OnStar Vehicle Insights website instead of waiting on a locksmith.
- Trip Summaries: Maintain and reference trip history in an organized manner.
- Driving Performance: Drivers can view their driving behaviors, like hard-braking events, as well as their driver performance score, so they are aware of any behaviors that need improvement.
“This is just the beginning for OnStar Vehicle Insights,” Michelle Calloway, head of OnStar Vehicle Insights, GM Global Innovation, says. “We plan to expand our service offerings over time, including the addition of mixed fleet compatibility, so even more customers will have the ability to experience the benefits of our telematics solution in the future.”
Find out more, visit www.onstarvehiclensights.com.
Photo courtesy of General Motors